Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fear Survey...



I am working on a writing project and am trying to do a very informal survey.  If you could copy and paste the questions below to an email and then send them back to me I would be so grateful!  It should only take a few minutes to fill out and really isn’t too hard. 

Please send the responses to my email at: adbum20@yahoo.com

Thanks so much for your help.

1.       What are you afraid of losing?

2.       What are you afraid of failing at?

3.       Who are you most afraid of?

4.       What (object/thing/animal/etc.) are you most afraid of?

5.      What are you afraid of seeing?

6.      Who do you know that is fearless?  (Your perception.)  Why?

7.      At what time of day do you feel most afraid?

8.      How do you define fear?

Thanks again.  I won’t share your answers with anyone, these are just to help me get a better idea of some things for my writing from other people’s perspectives.  As some of you know, I am rather neurotic and my fears and anxieties are very high!  I thought when writing about fear it would be helpful to have some other people’s thoughts to work with my own.  If you don’t feel like answering a question, just skip it and if you don’t want to be too specific, that is fine!

Have a lovely day!  (Oh and this wasn't supposed to be my 300th post, but Blogger hasn't let me upload photos for the last several days.  So, I have my photos edited, the post written and everything is set; I just can't upload the photos into the post.  I have written feedback comments 2 times now with no fix or response.  My frustration grows...)

2 comments:

  1. Here are my answers to the survey. Please don't judge me.

    1. What are you afraid of losing?

    Privacy, family, freedom.

    2. What are you afraid of failing at?

    Everything: my work, love, life in general.

    3. Who are you most afraid of?

    My family. Especially the kids.

    4. What (object/thing/animal/etc.) are you most afraid of?

    Failure.

    5. What are you afraid of seeing?

    Disappointment in my family caused by me.

    6. Who do you know that is fearless? (Your perception.) Why?

    No one. But, my mother is as close as it comes. She just seems to be stable and rational and set in her faith and beliefs.

    7. At what time of day do you feel most afraid?

    Anytime.

    8. How do you define fear?

    Inability to function properly. Pain, depression, avoidance, anger…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you said email, but I don't follow the rules :) Here are my answers! It is weird, had you asked me these questions 3 years ago my answers would have been different.

    1. What are you afraid of losing?
    Henry

    2. What are you afraid of failing at?
    Being a good wife and parent

    3. Who are you most afraid of?
    Death/the Unknown

    4. What (object/thing/animal/etc.) are you most afraid of?
    Heights, bridges

    5. What are you afraid of seeing?
    Someone I love being hurt

    6. Who do you know that is fearless? (Your perception.) Why?
    Many people. I feel that anyone who has had to struggle with something or overcome something shows fearlessness. I don't think any is fearless ALL the time, but there are those special people, that in the face of adversity step up and seem to take that situation head on and are fearless....in my eyes. It is amazing to see. (April, I feel you have done this before many times)

    7. At what time of day do you feel most afraid?
    hmmm, Not really sure if there is a time of day. It is more situational with me.

    8. How do you define fear?
    Anxiety or extreme emotion caused by some thing or event or action that causes you to function in an abnormal way compared to how you would normally act.

    And my dear friend, I wish you were not so hard on yourself!! You are AMAZING in SO many ways! :)

    ReplyDelete