So, Jinny at a girl in the real world posted this lovely button along with an encouraging note to her readers (of which I'm one) to try to use this upcoming month to be thankful. In the spirit of that, I'll try to be thankful for something every day starting tomorrow for the entire month. As most of you know, that's a bit tough for me right now. I know I'm blessed or I wouldn't be living as well as I am right now. Its so easy to get bogged down in the pain and the trials of life. (Believe me, I know!) So, why not do your best to remember all the good?
So, I will do my utmost to find at least one thing (and maybe 10 things) each day to be thankful for. And since I'm posting this tonight, why not start now?
My list of things to be thankful for on Monday, October 31, 2011.
- My job - a means to support myself and to try to make a difference in this world!
- My home - shelter above my head, food in the cupboards and a warm place to sleep!
- Medicine - to keep me going and to heal me.
- My family - There is none better in the world. They are wild, loud and sometimes insane, but they're all mine and I'm so glad they love me. (I'm wild, loud, and insane too, so its all good!)
- My friends - I don't have too many, but the ones I have are great! Who else can you text at 8:45 at night to lament the fact that you have a rash. Only a true friend understands! (Thanks Michele!)
- Kids - I am surrounded by great kids at work and have some of the best kids in the world that are mine. Kayla, Nicholas and Paul are the best niece and nephews anywhere! I love my babies!
- My laptop!
- A washer & dryer
- My shower!!!
- and finally, the heater! Its cold tonight outside, but in here I'm warm and toasty!