Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bible Cover

This morning I did crafts with the kids at Sunday School.  I was lucky to be asked to do crafts and love having this special time with the kids.  Since I was working with the older children this week I wanted to make sure we took a little time to read the actual Bible verses to go along with the story we are studying.  Currently we're working on some Old Testament stories, and right now our rotation is Ruth and Naomi. 

As I left the house I grabbed my Bible and put it in a little bag, so I wouldn't forget it.  Its a nice little bag (I got it at a yard sale for $1 last year and it has an embroidered cross on it) but, I realized I needed something unique.  Something just for me (and my Bible) and something homemade.  So this afternoon I started and during the course of the day I've worked on it and now I have a great new cover to keep my Bible in.  Its almost 18 years old now, my Bible, and I want to be sure it stays in relatively good condition.

Below are some pictures of my materials and the new cover in action.  Enjoy!

Materials: Interior & Exterior Fabric & Pellon Fusible Web-13 1/2" by 9"; Fabric for Flaps-7" by 9" (x2); Elastic for closure-8"; Ribbon-9" (x2); 1 Button; Fabric for Handles-10" by 3 1/2" (x2); and Pellon Fusible Web for Handles-10" by 3/4".  I purposely chose fabric that didn't coordinate.  They are all fabrics I love, and I felt that had a 'similar' color pallet, so why not.  The ribbon is just some of the Winnie the Pooh ribbon and I have and really like!  Not everything has to be matchy-matchy! 

The back of the finished cover.

The finished front with this cute button.

Interior flaps to hold my Bible in place.

Cute Pooh & Friends Ribbon marker!

1 comment: