Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Colors

Fall is definitely here.  The trees are so beautiful and the weather is cooling, well a little.  I can't wait for sweater weather, but wearing jeans these days isn't unbearable, so I'll take that.  For now.

Anyway, on my way home from church this morning, I was struck by the colors of the trees. I realized this is one of the peak weekends and if I didn't get out today, I'd probably miss the best of the colors.  So, I did a slight detour and went to one of my favorite places.  Lake Hope State Park.  Lake Hope is about 30 minutes from my house and is a wonderful Ohio State Park.  They have cottages, camping, a beach, lots of nature trails, boating, a nature center, archery ranges, picnic areas, shelters (some of the most lovely I've ever seen) and so much more.  I always make a point to go to Lake Hope in the fall, as this is when it is truly spectacular.  There's also a neat little cemetery that I like to check out and that included in my photos below.

Enjoy the pictures!

















1 comment: