Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Strouds Run Winter Hike #6: Set 1

On Thursday I went to Strouds for a short hike, 1 mile.  I had planned to take a trail back in the woods but changed my mind at the last minute and decided to walk along the lake instead.  I knew the level of the lake had been lowered for the winter, but wasn't prepared for what I was about to adventure in to.

The level of the lake is actually low enough, that instead of taking the lake trail on my hike out, I walked in the lake.  Well, where the lake would normally be.  It was incredible.  I haven't had that much fun playing in the mud ever.  The rocks, pieces of wood and tree stumps that you don't normally get to see along the bed of the lake were awesome.  I got a few pictures and wanted to share some.

Here are the first 15.  I hope you enjoy them.  I'll post the rest tomorrow (hopefully!)













This is the mud that sucked off my shoe.  Yes, sucked the shoe right off my foot.  I kinda knew it was a bit much to walk through, but decided to chance it anyway.  Wrong choice.  But, as you can see, the mud was spectacular.  The colors, consistency and the sound of it - beyond description!



0 comments:

Post a Comment