Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A little craftiness

I have not been as productive over this time off as I should have been.  I should have gotten so much done.  Sewing, working on my calligraphy, reading, etc.  But, I just haven't been at all.  No excuses, just reality. 

Anyway, tonight I finished a small embroidery project I have been working on and I decided to show off a few of the crafty things I've been up to.  They really aren't anything special.  I'm just desperate to post something and to show off these latest two embroidery projects.  Sorry.  I hope they aren't too boring.  Enjoy the photos.  (I am including links to the places where I got the patterns, instructions, etc. for each project if appropriate.  Hope this helps if you want to give any of them a try!)

Beautiful origami flower.  I found it on Pinterest and it took me to this lovely site.  Check it out.  If you put 12 of them together you get a really big ball flower that is gorgeous!!!  Kusudama Tutorial

Another Pinterest find.  This one is a chocolate box.  So cute and super simple.  Find the pattern here.

Simple origami pinwheel.  Check out the easy instructions here.  By the way, don't you LOVE this tye dye style paper?  I DO!!!!

The embroidery piece I just finished.  It took a lot of work to fill all this in.  If you look, you can see each color/part is a different style stitch.  I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but I adore it!!!  The decision for the stitches and colors was mine; but the outline pattern came from here.

I finished this last week.  I used a variety of stitches and added buttons for a different feel.  I am kind of into buttons lately and need to work on some project ideas I have to go with that.  Honestly, I can't remember where I found this outline.  Sorry....

Finally, a practice page from my calligraphy 'workbook'.  I haven't been practicing much and I need to.  I really want to learn to do this well, from memory without looking at my book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment