Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Out and About (Kind of...)

Today I went outside.  I walked around the yard for about 10 minutes.  It was amazing.  This was the first time I've been up and really walking around without crutches on just my boot.  I have been broken for over a month now (5.5 weeks).  I was so happy to be outside, on my own, taking photos of flowers and just feeling a little free; if only for a few minutes.  Yes, my foot is sore now.  Yes, it took effort to walk around in that stupid boot without the help of my crutches.  Yes, I still have a long way to go; but it was still worth it. 

So, while I may only be allowed to be up for a short period of time (about 15 minutes) every few hours; I am going to try to start walking a little more in the coming week.  I have physical therapy starting on the 24th of this month and hopefully will be able to go back home and to modified duty at work on the 25th of the month.  I really can't wait!!!!

Anyway, for now enjoy the pictures I got on my short walk around the yard.  It had been raining and I took advantage of that and the lovely flowers and plants still in my parents garden and around the house.  Have a nice Weekend!

















0 comments:

Post a Comment