Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Elf-on-the-Shelf: Max Arrived...

At about 5:30 this morning I woke up to a strange sound.  I laid in bed for a moment and listened.  The sound of tinkling Christmas music was coming from the opposite side of the wall.  I was rather confused, and a little nervous.  However, I knew I needed to check it out; and I wanted to go back to sleep. 

So, I got out of bed and went to see what was going on.  Boy was I in for a surprise!  Max, the Elf-in-Training had arrived.  He didn't just show up and sit on a shelf and bring a note to say hello.  No, he decided to have a party.  With several of the Christmas ornaments and decorations from around the house. A full-out party with snacks, music, a Christmas Tree, and games!  He must be a creative Elf! 

Anyway, as soon as I came around the corner it seemed 'everyone' froze in there spot, but the music that was coming from a snow globe played on.  I quickly cleaned up the snacks, boxed up the ornaments and decorations to be put back in their proper places in the morning and took Max to settle down for the rest of the night.  I told him, rather sternly, that it was the middle of the night and that we do not party and wake people up in the middle of the night.  I laid him down on the recliner, covered him with a blanket and prayed he would sleep for the rest of the night without causing further mischief!

Before I cleaned everything up, I did get a photo of Max and his new 'friends.'  It did look like they were having fun.  I just hope they don't wake me up again and that maybe they can clean up after themselves next time!

Well, I hope you enjoy this first picture of Max.  He is a cute little Elf.  He is very different from the other Elves-on-the-Shelf that my niece and nephews have, but I suppose just like people Elves come in all sizes, shapes and colors!  Happy December and Merry Christmas!

As you can see Max and some of the party goers were playing dice.  Others were enjoying refreshments: marshmallows, chocolates, whipped cream and peppermints!  They event had jingle bells to play to go along with the music from the snow globe!

Max the Elf-in-Training (and friends!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment