Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Embroidery Projects

Since I've had so much time on my hand one of my main gifts for Christmas this year was making embroidery pieces.  I made 8 in total for 7 different people.  I feel a little strange today not having something to work on, even though I've been dying to finish all of them.  Strange.


Anyway, I thought I would share the photos of my pieces with you now that they have all been gifted.  I am rather proud of them, even if they aren't perfect.  (And Kayla would gladly point out the part of one of my pieces that has a mistake.  I must remember not to tell her things like that.  She has a wicked memory and loves to share those things.)


Hope you like the photos and my attempts at 'creativity.'  I am putting the links for patterns that I was able to get for free so that you can make them too and to give credit where credit is due!  You can also find all of the free patterns on my Pinterest Sew like the wind: Embroidery Board.  My Pinterest is just listed under my name, April Bumgardner.


This one was made for my sister-in-law Angela.  I found the base balloon pattern here.  I then got creative with my own unique patterns for the balloons.

This one was made for my cousin Charlene.  It was the first one I finished and was a new type of embroidery for me that it was on a VERY heavily patterned fabric.  I found the dress pattern here.

This was made for my Aunt Eileen.  This was also a major experiment for me.  I stitched this onto scrapbook paper.  It was a bit harder than I thought, but the overall effect came out so neat I ended up doing 2 other projects on scrapbook paper.  (One was made for my niece for her birthday.)  I found the pattern for this design here.

Kayla, my niece, helped me pick this pattern out for her mom, my sister-in-law Megan.  The M can be either Megan or Mom.  The original pattern did not have all of the vines, but I felt it was a little lacking and added to it.  The base pattern was found here.

My cousin Michelle loves irises.  So, when I saw this pattern I knew I had to make it.  I really like the way this came out, even if all the satin stitching was a bit painful.  It was so worth the effect!  I found this pattern here.

This was another major experiment.  I made this design on scrapbook paper and added real buttons to the piece.  My Mom is obsessed with button crafts lately, so I thought it was perfect.  I really love the way this came out.  I think it is my favorite.  I found the pattern on this site.

This last design was for my Dad.  It is the only pattern of these that I actually purchased.  I just loved it though and thought it was perfect for him.  I purchased it from Urban Threads along with several other patterns that I will be working on for myself and others in the near future.
I have to say in closing how appreciative I am of all the wonderful people who post great free patterns.  I have no drawing ability and people who make these patterns and post them for use are wonderful.  Thanks so much for making my gift giving easy and affordable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment