Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 2: Hmmm.....

So, busy day today.  Work, store, TWO HOUR NAP (I never, well almost never nap like that.  So strange.), walk to Village Hall, and home to post some mildly interesting pictures.  And the only reason they're interesting, to me, is that the children I work with make good play dough art.  Yes, my life is that sad.  Hope you like my photos.

Oh, and I almost forgot.  Since I'm such a great teacher (haha, haha, haha; sorry I won't do that again); I decided today to start doing trivia of the day with the children.  I will post a question in our main room daily and allow them the opportunity to answer it.  All of the children who posted correct answers will be entered into a drawing to win a prize. (See: cheap crap I got from our supply company.  Good thing they're kids.)  So, I thought I would carry this on to my blog, just in case anyone IS actually reading it.  

So, today's question is:  What is the world's largest animal? And how big is it?  (The animal must be currently living and not extinct.)  Good Luck!  (BTW, there is no prize for the adults answering on this blog.  Sorry.)


A concrete flower on the side of the old school across the street from my house.  Had to talk a quick walk there to drop off my water bill.  (It is currently the Village of Albany town hall, as well as other things.  Very. Small. Town.)

The back of my house, outside the breakfast nook and kitchen.  I've been trying to 'open up' a little and leave some of my curtains open.  I don't do well with that.  Privacy and personal space is very important to me.  VERY IMPORTANT.  But, in an effort to expand my comfort zone, these 2 curtains have been left open for well over 2 weeks.  I am so proud of myself.  (As a note, the nearest other dwelling behind my house is about a 1/4 mile away.  So, no real danger of anyone seeing in those windows.)

Peace.  At the Albany Village Hall.  'Nough said.

Mitchell's art.  I love his use of orange scented play dough, (that the children had just made themselves) to make a triangle of cheese.  Interesting design choice.

Abby's pug.  Made from tropical punch scented play dough.  Amazing.

Olivia's smiley face.  To be honest, it kinda creeps me out.  Why are you looking at me like that?

A stormy sky.  I like clouds.  You may see them a lot on here.  Sorry in advance.

"Oh no!"  This totally reminds me of Mr. Bill.  Love it!  This is Ethan's surprised face in orange scented play dough.  Nice work.

1 comment:

  1. What fun dough art your kids have there!! And that is totally Mr. Bill's face!

    I hate having blinds/curtains open after it gets dark. I just can't do it. Good for you though!

    ReplyDelete