Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Burr Oak State Park

Yesterday was a lovely day.  My parents came down on Friday evening to Athens to bring me a dresser and spent the night.  In the early afternoon we went shopping and then they headed home.  I was also headed in that direction, but...well, I changed my mind.

Instead (despite not feeling great ;) ) I decided to go on a short hike.  The weather wasn't too bad after all and I wanted to be outside.  So, while driving through Nelsonville I saw the sign for Burr Oak State Park and took the turn.  I've never been to this park before and I will be back.

I was only able to explore a VERY small section of the park but it was so worth it!  The area I discovered was the Tom Jenkins Dam.  The Dam was built by the US Army Corps of Engineers.  The lake is lovely and has hiking trails around it.  I went on a short hike/walk, but with muddy conditions; not feeling well; and my stupid bum knee; I really wasn't up for a long journey.  However, I did get a few (60 total) shots around the area and had to share them.  After a  little editing, here they are!

In my estimation, this was the perfect ending to 2011.  It has not been a great year.  No, that's not true.  It has been another TERRIBLE year, but I am determined to make 2012 a great year.  So, ending 2011 with a bit of my favorite things: family, photos and NATURE (thanks God!) was a wonderful send off. 

Anyway, I hope you all had a lovely New Year's Eve!  Most importantly though, I hope 2012 is filled with adventure, excitement, and Love.  I know I'm excited for it.  A new baby in May (Logan Max, my newest nephew!!!!!) and so much more to look forward to.  I will strive to be positive, keep growing in the things I love and put the old aside.  Most of all I will pray not for the same old, same old of healing (that's not working anyway) but just for an answer.  God's Blessings to all in this new venture!

Enjoy!!!!!













0 comments:

Post a Comment