Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Ridges: Winter Hike

This morning did not start out well.  I woke up with my migraine starting.  This isn't something new.  I've been fighting this migraine and headache for 3 weeks now.  We've increased my preventative medication 3 fold and changed my abortive medication to try to get it under control. Sometimes its managable, sometimes its not.  This morning it was a bit not.

But after a bit of extra meds and some extra sleep, I was able to function pretty well.  I'm still hanging on to a slight headache, but its nothing comparatively.  And I find when I am able to get out in the fresh air and exercise, yes the sunlight is brutal, the air is sweet and helps a little.

So, I bundled up.  Layer, upon layer, upon layer of clothes to help keep me from frostbite and to enjoy a nice winter day hike.  And it was worth it.  About an hour for a mile and a half hike.  Moderately strenuous, but lovely in the vistas and snow covered trail.  (Thank goodness I have my walking stick, it was a little slick in places and if not for it I would have went down several times!!!)  Not a bad way to spend a Saturday.  Now here I am back at home editing my photos, relaxing, watching a bit of TV and going to work on some embroidery.  Tomorrow I'm off to Church in the morning, a hike in the early afternoon, a lot of sewing and some major housecleaning to round out the day.  Then I'll have all day Monday to hike and spend as I please on my day off.  Maybe I'll trek back out to Burr Oak...

Enjoy my pictures from The Ridges trails!



























1 comment: