Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Highbanks Metropark Winter Hike: Set 1

On Sunday while driving from Smithville to Athens, via Columbus, I decided to stop and walk.  I wanted to try a new hiking spot and decided on Highbanks Metropark.  I am so glad I did.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  I will be going back to this park a lot.  I know, I say that all the time, but seriously, I really liked this park.  A lot of trails, a nature center, a preserve (where there are supposedly eagles roosting!), cool shelters, paved/gravel walkways, a variety of flora, fauna and wildlife.  It was really neat. 

So, here is my first set of of photos.  I hiked 3 miles and took around 100 photos.  I've managed to whittle that down to under 50.  You'll get 22 today and 22 tomorrow.  I hope you like them.  I love hiking in the snow and love the photos I get from these hikes.  Beautiful nature!  Enjoy!






















0 comments:

Post a Comment