Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November 1 - Thankful

Today I am thankful for:

  1. Parks - I suppose it should go hand and hand that someone who works in Parks and Recreation, should love parks.  And I do.  Very much.  I am thankful for the joy of discovering new parks (as I have done at Topiary Park & Antrim Park in Columbus) and with the routine blessings of parks I see all the time.  I spend a good deal of my work time in a park, East State Street Park by the Community Center.  Today I was reminded of nature's glory and ability to awe as I went on a short walk with my preschool class looking at trees, birds, stepping around puddles and just enjoying a bright, beautiful, fall day.
  2. Skipping - That's right, skipping.  As we played follow the leader, I skipped and while that is a sight to behold, the sight of my preschool class skipping and laughing is enough to melt the coldest heart.  (Mine included.)
  3. Insurance - because without it, I would be up to my eyeballs in debt and sick.  It may frustrate and confuse, but I am so glad to have it and blessed by its assistance.
  4. Hot water - my hands are burning right now as I've just finished doing the dishes.  As I progress in a few minutes to the shower, I will revel in the feel of readily available, flowing hot water.  One of the most simple joys in life (along with indoor plumbing.)
  5. Mail - Tomorrow I'll get some of my meds, a movie from Netflix, and my mother will receive my special soaps at her house.  Mail is awesome and we shouldn't take it for granted. 
  6. The Internet - YouTube makes me laugh!
  7. My BB - That's code for Blackberry.  I love that thing and now understand why it is called a Crackberry.  So addictive!
  8. Books - I finished one this morning and have another to start tonight as I get into bed.  Howe I love the written word!  (NOT A KINDLE OR I PAD OR ANY OTHER SUCH THING!)
  9. Benadryl - Thank you God, the itching is bearable with the benadryl!
  10. and finally...Light - If you've ever been to my house, you know I like bright, white lights.  Some people find it annoying and too much, but I love the clean, clear, crisp light that my bright whites give and I'm so happy to have my lighting!
Goodnight All!

0 comments:

Post a Comment