Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9 - Thankful (Plus a few photos for a welcome change of pace)

Today I actually took a few photos to put up here on my photo blog.  What an accomplishment.  I am amazing.  Can you hear the sarcasm dripping in my writing?  Its there, believe me.

Before I post them, let me bore you with several things.  Some much needed information about my day and my list of things I'm thankful for today.

First off, it has been a unique day.  At times I have been extremely happy and high as a kite (quite literally.)  Other times, I have been dashed against the rocks and as low as a person can be.  Pain is a bi**h.  I actually (against doctors orders) took my Oxycontin 2 times today.  The pain was bad.  I really didn't eat anything significant to speak of, even with all the pain medications, but I really needed it to get me through.  I have such a long list for the GI tomorrow.  I am working on my assertiveness and am going to be VERY firm and EXTREMELY honest with him.  Maybe I should print out some of my logs from this blog to show him exactly how I've been feeling.  Its a thought. 

The good news is that my appointment with the ENT (ear, nose, and throat doctor) went very well.  The looked at my vocal chords and they are in great shape.  The problem with my voice is actually because my throat and mouth are WAY to dry.  I have dry mucus in my throat.  How does one have dry mucus?  I am confused about that but believe the incredibly handsome educated and smart doctor and am going to start a new medication to help with the problem.  He said it all probably began with all the medications that I take.  About half of them cause dry mouth and throat and it is just making a slightly natural predilection for me worse.  So, we'll work on that.  Easy enough solution.  I just hate taking 2 more pills a day.  With that my count will almost be up to 30 pills/doses of medications a day!  OMG - I'm only 31.  Can you imagine where I'll be when I'm 40?

On to the next topic of conversation.  My thankfulness.  Today I am thankful for:

  1. Books - I stopped at Barnes and Noble to get my 'dinner' (a croissant-not too doughy, a banana, and a hot apple cider) at the Starbucks there and browsed around the children's section.  I found the most adorable book about an Owl and I can't wait to read it to my preschoolers tomorrow or Friday!
  2. Directions - The directions to the clinic for the ENT were great and I got there with no trouble at all.  I was early (big surprise for me) and had plenty of time to use the restroom, take my pain meds (thank you God) and drink a protein shake well before my appointment so I didn't risk vomiting when they did the camera down my throat.
  3. My organizational skills - I have all of my things neatly packed and stowed away and all is set for the night and for the morning.  Hopefully all will go smoothly and I will be up and ready in plenty of time to leave my motel room and make the 15 minute trek down the road to the hospital for my doctor's visit in the morning.  (Sorry, that sounded really vain didn't it?)
Okay, now on to a few pictures.  I hope you like them.  Have a lovely evening and a wonderful tomorrow.  Love to everyone, everywhere (can you tell I'm high again?)  Enjoy!

A very ominous sky while I was driving after my doctor's appointment.  Spooky!

The sky getting a bit brighter!

A bright and glorious sky!  Beautiful!

The book I got at Barnes and Noble.  Isn't it so cute?!

Some fabric I picked up at Jo-Ann, etc.  Hmmm....

0 comments:

Post a Comment