Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Athens - Part 1

I have lived in Athens County for 4 years and 9 months.  I have worked for the City of Athens for 4 years and 8 months. I am familiar with most of Athens.  I have ventured around a good part of the city for my job and know all of the parks pretty well.  The beauty in Athens is abundant.  I love the natural beauty, the architecture, the parks (for the most part) and so much more. 

Today, for the first time in almost five years I did something.  I could not, even though I still felt ick, spend another day in the house, in bed.  I had to get outside.  So, I bundled up, drove into town (figured best to be near the hospital and other people) and took a walk around the City of Athens, Uptown.  I have done this before, but the big deal was, I walked all over the University.  I've never done that before.

I felt so good (and took some pain medication and ate my first REAL MEAL!!!!) so I went on another very short walk to check out a new short section of the bike path.  THEN I went out to Strouds Run State Park to shoot a few photos at the beach and picnic areas.  The result: 80 (or so) photos.  I will be posting them in a series of 4 blogs.  I love these pictures and hope you do to.

The photos of Uptown Athens are of the City buildings, churches, etc; then throughout the University.  This first set I am posting today is just Uptown.  Enjoy!

A view from the 6th floor of the parking garage.  Athens, Ohio.

Another stunning view from atop the 6th floor.

I believe this is the Methodist Church.

More Athens, towards campus.

Down a side street toward the Catholic Church.

A closer view there of the Catholic Church.

The top of City Hall.

The City of Athens, City Hall.

Towards Uptown Athens.

The clock tower on the Courthouse.

Athens County Courthouse.

More Uptown Athens.

Some of our brick streets. Pretty to look at, icky to drive on and maintain.

I loved this tree.

Another shot of City Hall.

Yes, that's just an old brick wall.  I liked the coloration.

The window and brick work on City Hall, up close.

Holly on a bush Uptown.


1 comment: