But, I did make some progress on a big project I've been working on. Its almost done, I just have to do some finishing work on it tomorrow and it will be sent off in the mail on Tuesday. I hope that it arrives in BG before young Henry Howard makes his appearance. So, here's a preview of the blanket I've been working on. Its made of cotton fleece. I cut squares, tye dyed them, washed them, sewed the squares together and now need to attach a baking and binding to complete it. I'm hoping to use the fabric from the dress I wore in Jenn & Terry's wedding as the backing and binding. Its a satin dress, so that, combined with the flannel with make it the perfect 'feely'. (A feely, in my world, is a blanket, stuffed animal, pillow, or t-shirt that a child can feel while they're going to sleep or just need a comfort. Mine was a t-shirt of my Dad's that my evil Mother threw away when SHE thought I was too old for it. Meanie.) Anyway, hope you like it, but I really hope Jenn, Terry and Henry like it. Enjoy the pics!
|White flannel. I cut it into 9 squares. I used a sheet of scrapbook paper for sizing.|
|Mix the dye. I like this kind that comes in the bottle. Squeeze dye is the best method. These are a bit more expensive. But, once you have the bottles you can buy the dye to add in after the 1st time.|
|Soak, 'sculpt' and tye your pieces.|
|This is part of the pamphlet that came with the dye. I haven't seen crappier examples of dye patterns anywhere. These stink and they are supposed to be from the manufacturer.|