Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Busy, busy, busy...

What a week its been.  My vacation has flown by and i can't believe its Friday already.  Now today is flying by and I'm not ready!!  Well, ready to go camping that is (not back to work, yet thank God!) 

So this morning I slept in and then got to work.  So far today I've sewn a new pouch for 'female' items; bakes 2 loaves of zuchini bread; made a fruit salad to have with dinner; washed dishes; done laundry and have been packing up all my stuff like a crazy woman!  Ugh, I'm tired.  But the weekend spent in the woods with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and the insane person (aka: Kayla Sue, my niece) will be totally worth it!

Anyway, here's my photos for today.  I was so excited to see that the photo challenge was where I slept because all week sleeping in 'my room' at my parents' house I've had my favorite quilt on the bed.  This is a quilt my great-grandmother made and I know it will someday be mine and pass along through future generations.  (Sorry Angela & Megan, the quilt is MINE!  There are a few things that mean a lot to me and I know some day I will inherit them, this is one of the items at the top of the list.) 

The quilt features squares with all of the states and thier state flowers.  I chose to highlight the best state, Ohio of course and took a few close ups of the detailing on some of the flowers.  I've been thinking of taking up embroidery and this quilt has pushed me even more and I will start my embroidery on Monday next week.  Oh, by the way, since this was made a few years ago, it only has 48 states.  Maybe that's what I can start with my embroidery: Hawaii and Alaska's state flowers on a pillow.  Hummmmm....good idea!

Well anyway, enjoy my quilt (and the shot of the awesome paneling in my room.  Its very old and I hope it never goes away!)

I really love this quilt and the paneling.  Its been in the house a few years.  I should include some more photos throughout my parents' house and of the exterior.  In the almost 30 years they've owned it we have done A LOT of work!  (Including having a new basement and foundation built and then having the house MOVED to the back of our lot.  That was cool and terrifying!)  The house was built in the 1880s and it is said then Governor William McKinley once stayed here when it was an inn and even spoke from the porch!  Cool!

The Ohio Square.  Love my state and I am so glad I moved back here!

Close up of the red carnation.  Such amazing detail work.

Look at these lilacs!  I really want to learn how to do this.  Too bad my great grandma and I never got to meet.

Lady's Slipper.  I love orchids and this is so colorful and lovely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment