Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 21 Photo Challenge: Pretty Pattern

This is a bit of a challenge.  I have a lot of pretty patterns.  We may be talking about some of my clothing, bedding, drapes, towels, fabrics, etc!  There's so much to choose from.  So, to make this slightly more manageable, I chose to concentrate on Fabrics.  Thus my photos for this particular blog will revolve around favorite fabric patterns I currently have in my stash.  They may not be my all time favorites, but this is what I have on hand (which I have A LOT) that I like the most and have used a great deal, or am planning to use a great deal.  Enjoy!

When I found this fabric over 4 years ago, I knew I had to have it.  Lilacs and hydrangea-what could be better!  This is currently my curtain on the kitchen door.  I love it.

I had a lot of this fabric to start with.  I think around 2 yards.  I'm now down to less than a yard.  I've had it for about 2 years and have made several bags and wristlets and other things using this.  It coordinates with the frog pattern you'll see below.  I think my favorite thing about it is the way the bright flowers stand out on the black background.

This is actually a brand new fabric.  I bought 1/2 a yard and have a specific purpose in mind for it.  I hope to have the intended project done in the next few days so I can get it out in the mail for the recipient.

This fabric was bought in a fat quarter for lining.  However, as I've used it for the projects (for other people) I've come to really like it.  I may have to get a yard for myself!

Love, love, love this fabric.  I have made a laptop case, at least 2 bags, Kayla's shorts and so much more with this.  I love Jim Shore's designs and this is a truly gorgeous fabric.

I bought this for a very specific purpose and used almost all of it for said purpose.  Since Jenn loves elephants this seemed perfect for baby Henry's gifts.  I hope he likes it too.  (BTW this is a Debbie Mumm fabric and I love her designs!)

A very April fabric.  This will soon be a skirt or a part of a dress.  Can't decide which, yet.  But, I'll have to decide soon as I'd like to have it done for myself in the next week or 2.  It's going to be so pretty!

This fabric is so much fun.  Again, I've used this for a lot of projects and have a bit left.  So many things I'd like to make with this. 

I've had this fabric for about 4 months and love to look at it, but haven't been overly inspired on what to make.  Its one of those fabrics that is so pretty, its almost to hard to start cutting and creating!

Just used this to make something for someone.  I know they like daisies and when I saw it I knew if was for them.  I don't think they read my blog, but if they do they might know this is intended for a gift for them.  Now the only question remaining is, what?  You'll find out soon!

When I purchased this I bought 2 yards.  I have used this as a lining, accessory piece, for bags, purses, in simple outfits, etc.  I adore this fabric and am sad to see I only have a tad left.  I really need to try to remember where I got it and see if they have more.

I got this a few weeks ago and have just used it Thursday to make myself a new wristlet.  It has a coordinating striped fabric I used for the interior and strap.  I love these colors.  Its a little bit fall-esque, while still bringing some brightness to show the end of summer.  Love, love, love and am so going to be making more with the rest of the yard of I have left.

This is a sampling of a charm pack I bought several years ago.  I pieced them together and quilted this for a wall hanging.  Now I need to add loops to hang and decide if I'm going to keep it for myself or give it away.

I love the geometric shapes here.  This is a little different from what I usually buy, but the blue and pink just screamed out to me.  I'm working on a bag with this.  Maybe...

The pattern with the hats, hat boxes and shoes was a fat quarter I bought and am using it to make another wall hanging.  I love black and red and this is so much fun.  If I can get a little better at quilting this will be pretty.  The piecing part I'm getting down, the quilting bit is still a challenge for me.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED that elephant fabric!! IT IS AWESOME!

    THANK YOU!

    I can't wait to see what projects you have from all your lovely fabric :)

    ReplyDelete